You will find this guide helpful if you provide services and support directly to women. The material will be useful for health and social service providers, such as counsellors, social workers, shelter workers, psychologists, nurses, physicians and pharmacists. You may also find it useful if you work in the substance use field.
The Hidden Majority looks at alcohol and other drug use issues from the perspective of women’s lives. It addresses topics such as:
- substances and how they affect women
- how to identify when alcohol or other drug use is a problem
- guidelines for appropriate use of alcohol and other legal drugs
- how to intervene and make appropriate referrals
- enhancing women’s health.