A lack of information, or the wrong information, can worsen the harms of substance use. People who use substances need to be aware of the risks of using, and of ways they can be safer, even when they continue to use.
Four brochures, Street Methadone, OxyContin, Crack and Methamphetamine are written directly for people who use these drugs, or who are at risk of using these drugs in a harmful way. These brochures also offer important information to people who provide services and health care to people who use these drugs.
Developed by a doctor and social worker at CAMH, these brief, easy-to-read brochures offer factual information and guidance to help people to:
- understand and consider the risks of using
- learn safer ways of using
- know the signs of an overdose
- know what it means to be “hooked”
- know where they can get information about getting help.