Structured Relapse Prevention provides the substance use treatment field with an effective program for clients seeking to maintain change and avoid relapse. Completely revised, expanded and redesigned, this new edition features session-by-session guides, clinical tools and a comprehensive set of coping skills exercises for use with clients.
Structured Relapse Prevention (SRP) is a brief, cognitive behavioural, manual-based counselling approach that is used in a variety of settings. SRP is designed for people with moderate to severe substance dependence, and is typically delivered in eight to 12 group or individual counselling sessions.
Structured Relapse Prevention presents all the materials you need to offer SRP counselling in an easy-to-follow, user-friendly style. This second edition includes:
- a new section presenting an extensive treatment protocol and tools for treating clients with concurrent substance use and mental health problems
- new and revised clinical tools to offer SRP to both group and individual clients
- sections on assessment, motivational enhancement and individualized treatment planning, to help prepare clients for treatment
- screening and assessment tools, homework assignments and therapist checklists, to engage and motivate clients who are ambivalent about changing their substance use
- sections on initiating and maintaining change, accompanied by a comprehensive selection of coping skills exercises that can be assigned as homework or discussed during treatment sessions
- a CD-ROM, from which all the client tools and exercises can be accessed and printed.